Atherion® Commercial Packaged Ventilation System
The Atherion® Commercial Packaged Ventilation Unit is the ideal solution to effectively and efficiently meet the challenge of conditioning high volumes of outside air for ventilation, regardless of your geographic location. Whether you are in the humidity-soaked air of the Southeast, in the drier, milder air of the West, or the wide four-season-variation of the upper Midwest and Northeast, the unit can be customized to meet your outside ventilation air requirements.
With the Energy Recovery Exhaust option, your system is highly effective at recapturing energy from the building exhaust airstream, potentially saving thousands in annual energy costs.
The Atherion is available in three cabinet sizes:
B-Cabinet (1,100-6,000 CFM)
- Cooling: 7-20 Nominal Tons
- Heating: Up to 400,000 Btu/Hr Gas, 80kW Electric, or Hot Water
C-Cabinet (3,000-12,000 CFM)
- Cooling: 15-30 Nominal Tons
- Heating: Up to 600,000 Btu/Hr Gas, 100kW Electric, or Hot Water
D-Cabinet (4,000-18,000 CFM)
- Cooling: 30-60 Nominal Tons
- Heating: Up to 1,600,000 Btu/Hr Gas, 200kW Electric
- Modulating digital scroll compressors standard for superior temperature control and part load efficiency with turndown as low as 12.5% for B- and C-Cabinet and 6.25% for D-Cabinet
- Modulating variable speed head pressure control regulates refrigerant pressure over a wide range of ambient conditions, provides energy savings, and if equipped, maximizes hot gas reheat capacity for excellent dehumidification at part load conditions.
- Electronic expansion valve(s) provides superior superheat control and energy savings.
- PF™ microchannel condenser coils from the company that invented them – Modine, reduces weight and refrigerant volumes.
- Modulating 81% thermally efficient natural gas heat is by far the most common heating system selected. This option includes a stainless steel heat exchanger as standard to ensure long life with up to 100°F temperature rise.
- Programmable microprocessor based system provide a wide range of application driven control strategies.
- Controls are optimized for the equipment to maximize energy efficiency and performance through superior control and sequencing of all system components.
- Easy-to-follow menu driven system that includes user level, service level, and manufacturer level password protection.
- Operating hours by system (i.e. compressors, supply fan, etc.) along with easy to understand warnings and alarms greatly simplify equipment preventative maintenance.
- Advanced diagnostic capability with real time display of refrigerant pressures, sensor temperatures, and sub cooling and superheat temperatures all but eliminates the need for a gauge set during troubleshooting.
- Every unit undergoes rigorous end-of-line testing to verify proper operation of all systems prior to shipping.
- Robust 2” double-wall construction and standing roof seam for strength and durability (insulated on roof, walls, AND floor).
- Pre-painted G90 galvanized steel with an attractive finish verified capable of withstanding a minimum 2,500 hour salt spray and fog atmosphere exposure in accordance with ASTM B117 test procedures
- Full-length, piano-hinged access doors for accessibility and easy-to-open quarter-turn latches
- Stainless steel, double-sloped drain pan prevents corrosion and avoids standing water for improved IAQ
- Ultra-Low Leak AMCA Class 1A dampers. Leakage rate 3cfm/ft2 exceeds many stringent code requirements.
- Energy efficient direct drive supply air plenum fans on neoprene vibration isolators with high total static pressure capability.
- 2” MERV 10 fresh air filters standard
- Modulating hot gas reheat provides enhanced supply air temperature control during dehumidification without using additional energy.
- E-coated coils for corrosion protection in areas such as salt laden coastal regions.
- Natural or propane gas heat
- Natural gas heat offered in both 81% and 90+% condensing efficiencies with Modine’s proven Conservicore™ Technology. D-Cabinet units include the option for high Btu/hr hybrid heat options featuring 86% efficiency.
- Gas with SCR controlled auxiliary electric for achieving low fuel consumption cost with gas and extended turndown range and excellent supply air temperature control in mild conditions.
- SCR controlled electric heat.
- Hot water coils on B and C Cabinet size units.
- Optional seamless integration with building management systems using BACnet® MS/TP or IP or LonWorks® communication protocols.
- BMS integration allows either supervisory or full unit control. For full unit control, the Modine Control System maintains oversight of the system to ensure operation stays within the equipment’s safe operating envelope
- External port to access the unit’s controls using a remote user interface module without powering down the unit (B-Cabinet).
- Various diagnostic, serviceability, and equipment protective options, including remote controller interface modules, voltage/phase rotation monitors, filter pressure switches, energy wheel rotation sensors, etc.
- Coastal Coat Casing Package extends corrosion protection, capable of withstanding a minimum 5,000 hour salt spray and fog atmosphere exposure in accordance with ASTM B117 test procedures.
- Higher 2” MERV 13 or 15 filters and/or 4” MERV 13 post-filter options.
ENERGY RECOVERY MODULE
- 4Å molecular sieve coated aluminum wheel which provides outstanding sensible and latent heat transfer without absorbing odors.
- Economizer Bypass for energy efficient operation.
- Modine Control System intelligently controls energy recovery wheel operation, economizer bypass, frost control to maximize total system efficiency.
- MERV10 fresh air filters, optional exhaust air filters.
- Electric preheat for frost control
- Wheel pressure and/or rotation sensors
- Slide out energy wheel and exhaust blower/motor access panel for serviceability and maintenance
SERVICEABILITY & MAINTENANCE
- Optional Start-Up Service with user and maintenance training ensures unit performance and operation reliability from day one.