Vertical Hydronic (V)
Recommended for a wide range of heating requirements, vertical steam/hot water unit heaters provide downward air delivery. These units may be suspended from up to 54 feet above the floor, depending upon the size of the heater, steam pressure (or hot-water temperature) and air deflector selected.
- Horizontal and Power-Throw™ units are furnished with louvers for directional control of heated air. Vertical units are available with various louver, truncone, and cone-jet deflector options to accommodate many different air distribution patterns.
- Units are available as low outlet temperature (LOT) models. LOT models have coils with fewer fins per inch to reduce the output rating. This is a benefit for applications where the steam pressure exceeds 30 PSI and mounting height is critical; the lower output results in outlet air temperatures that approximate that of standard coils at standard steam pressure. LOT models are also well suited for dirty environments where the increased fin spacing decreases the build-up of foreign particles.
- Finally, LOT models offer lower airside resistance resulting in greater allowable mounting heights and greater heat throw.
- Design assures the correct relationship between air temperature, velocity, and air volume for greater heat throw; air is delivered to the floor at maximum mounting height, increasing comfort and reducing fuel costs.
- Units are compact and lightweight, requiring fewer contractor hours to install.
- All units include an electrical junction box, either integral to the motor or mounted on the unit casing, to allow for easy electrical connections.
- All motors are totally enclosed. All single phase and explosion-proof motors include internal overload protection to protect the motor from insulation damaging heat, resulting in longer motor life.
- Different suspension options are available for most units including threaded rod or pipe hanger adapters.
- All units are component tested for proper motor function and the coils are leak tested under pressure to ensure proper function when the unit arrives at the jobsite.
- Quiet operation is assured through the use of carefully selected motors, fans, and scientifically designed venturi fan shrouds.
- Casings are treated for corrosion resistance and finished with a neutral gray-green baked-on, electrostatically applied polyester powder coat paint finish.
- Available with 90/10 cupro-nickel coils for high pressure/temperature applications, up to 250 PSI or 400°F.
- Explosion-proof motors are available for use in hazardous areas.