Separated Combustion & Power Vented Gas-Fired Unit Heaters
Modine’s PTX/BTX is specifically designed for environments with hostile atmospheric conditions, such as chemicals, high humidity, or negative pressure. On these units, combustion air is brought in from outside the heated area, either from outdoor air or from an adjacent room, eliminating the need to use contaminated indoor air for combustion. The unit can also be installed in power-vented applications if needed.
- In-shot burners fire each heat exchanger tube for reliable performance, ease of service, and decreased noise on ignition.
- Same-size vent and combustion air inlets make installation easier.
- Longer allowable vent lengths (up to 50′ vs. 30′) provide greater installation options.
- A round vent pipe and combustion air inlet pipe connection
- The automatic reset vent pressure switch is designed to prevent the operation of the main burner in the event there is restricted venting of the flue
- Integrated direct spark control board provides digital control of the air mover, inducer, ignition, gas valve, and flame sense
- Control Step Down Transformer used to step down from 115v to 24v for the gas controls, fan delay relay, field-supplied motor start, and more.
- Remote flame sensor verifies the ignition of all burners, monitors the flame single, and communicated with the integrated circuit board.
- The high-limit control switch is mounted in the air stream and will shut off the gas supply in the event of overheating.
- Designed, Engineered & Assembled in the USA
- The PTX and the BTX are available in 7 models sizes
- Range from 150,000 to 400,000 BTU/hr.
- Optional finger-proof fan guard for operation at low mounting heights
- Separated Combustion or Power Vented model PTX
- Blower model BTX
- Single or two-stage gas valve are available
- Optional stainless steel heat exchanger
- Centrifugal blower models with adjustable sheaves for a wide airflow range (BTS line).
- Building Management System (BMS) integration capabilities allow them to be added to existing BMS easily.
- Vertical Deflectors Blades
- 30, 60 and 90-degree air deflector hoods
- Horizontal Concentric Vent Kit
- Pipe Hanger Adapter Kits
- Natural Gas to Propane Gas Conversion Kits
- Single or Two-Stage Room Thermostats
- Room Thermostat Guard
- Stepdown Transformers
- Controls Relays
Separated Combustion Full Line Catalog
Separated Combustion Gas-Fired Unit Heaters Installation & Service Manual, PTX/BTX
Full Line Unitary Heating Product Catalog
Full Line Gas-Fired Unit Heater Catalog
Commercial Gas-Fired Unit Heater Good, Better, Best Sell Sheet
Unit Heater Maintenance Checklist