Horizontal Oil-Fired Unit Heater
Modine POR oil-fired unit heaters offer an efficient and reliable way of heating a space, particularly in regions where supplies of other fuels, such as natural gas, may be unavailable, undependable, or interruptible. The units are direct driven propeller fan-type units designed for overhead suspension and horizontal delivery of heated air. Time-tested and field-proven components are engineered into the design of these compact units, which produce comfort heating at the lowest cost through their highly efficient operation.
Models are UL-listed and require fuel oil grade No. 1 or 2, as specified by ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) D396-73 Standard Specifications for Fuel Oils or Canadian Government Specification Board, 3-GP-28.
- Advanced burner and burner controls with the latest in burner and burner control technology.
- Durable, attractive casting design is treated for protection against corrosion.
- Quiet, efficient, and safe air move with propeller fan statically balanced and motor resiliently mounted to the figure-proof fan guard.
- Effective heat throw and coverage controlled by manual adjustments of standard horizontal louver blades.
- Superior life expectancy due to corrosion-resistant, 14-gauge aluminized steel heat exchanger and the roll-formed design of the heat exchanger.
- All units are factory-assembled, wired, and fire tested before shipment, making them ready to be installed once they get to the job site.
- Reduced maintenance, easy-to-service with a convenient inspection port and service door opening.
- Supplied with a 1/8” MPT connector and screw terminals.
- Oil Safety Valve – Protects the burner pump from excessive line pressure. The maximum inlet pressure is 60 PSIG.
- Three model sizes available
- Output range from 100,000, 145,000, and 185,000 Btu/hr
- Low-Voltage Thermostats – Single-stage, 24-volt.
- Thermostat Guard – protect from damage or tempering.
- Booster Pump Relay – Used to control booster pump operation in the oil supply system. Factory set to close contacts at 50 PSIG with a maximum allowable pressure of 150 PSIG.
- Fuel Oil Filter – Protects oil burner from foreign particles.
- Vertical Louvers – Used in combination with standard horizontal louvers for complete control of air delivery.
- Draft Regulator – Barometric type with screw adjustments and hinge-pin action. Designed for precise control of drafts.
- Outside Combustion Air Kit – Kit converts the burner to accept outside combustion air piping. Includes adapter, gaskets, vacuum relief valve, outside intake air hood, and other miscellaneous hardware.