Power-Throw™ High-Velocity Horizontal Unit Heater
Power-Throw™ High-velocity horizontal unit heaters are ideal for heating hard to heat areas that require a greater heat throw. Power-Throw™ units are ideally suited for blanketing doors that frequently open. They are equipped with horizontal air deflector blades to adjust airflow either up or down.
A single Power-Throw™ unit heater can often be used to replace as many as three smaller horizontal delivery units, thereby reducing equipment, installation, and maintenance costs.
- Power-Throw™ units are furnished with louvers for directional control of heated air.
- Design assures the correct relationship between air temperature, velocity, and air volume for greater heat throw; air is delivered to the floor at maximum mounting height, increasing comfort and reducing fuel costs.
- Units are compact and lightweight, requiring fewer contractor hours to install.
- Motor and fan are completely enclosed. All single phase and explosion-proof motors include internal overload protection to protect the motor from insulation damaging heat, resulting in longer motor life.
- Quiet operation is assured through the use of carefully selected motors, fans, and scientifically designed venturi fan shrouds.
- Casings are treated for corrosion resistance and finished with a neutral gray-green baked-on, electrostatically applied polyester powder coat paint finish.
- Protective aluminum screen protects heating elements from accidental damage.
- Safety fan guard formed from heavy gauge steel rod stock is attached to the unit heater casing and provides a rigid support for the motor and protection for the exposed fan.
- Air distribution is controlled by a standard adjustable position horizontal louver assembly.
- All units include an electrical junction box, either integral to the motor or mounted on the unit casing, to allow for easy electrical connections.
- Automatic Rest Overheat control to interrupt the power supply to the heating elements and will reset itself once the heater cools to a safe temperature.
- 3 model sizes from 15kW to 50kW.
- Offered in single and two-stage controls.
- All models through PT/PTN 279 have hanger brackets with 5/8″ diameter hanger holes for 3-point suspension.
- All models larger than PT/PTN 279 have hanger brackets with 5/8″ diameter hanger holes for 2-point suspension and angle supports for 4-point suspension.
- Available with 90/10 cupro-nickel coils for high pressure/temperature applications, up to 250 PSI or 400°F.
- Explosion-proof motors are available for use in hazardous areas.